Quality Services for Your Home’s Major Systems
All homeowners need to check for plumbing problems. Failure to do so can result in costly repairs or health risks down the road. Know what steps to take to keep problems at bay.
If you find yourself in trouble, don’t hesitate to contact Plumb Level to solve any plumbing dilemma.
Why Choose Plumb Level?
- Access to live operators who are ready to help
- Reliable and effective solutions for your complete satisfaction
- Technicians who wear shoe covers and clean up after every service
- Free quotes and system inspections to identify minor issues before they worsen
Trust Plumb Level and our experienced teams to make your home run smoothly. Call us today at (979) 277-9993
Locating Water Leaks
Water leaks are a drain on your expenses. Detecting leaks presents some challenges, but there are a few simple tasks that can help you.
These tasks include:
- Check the pressure relief valve on your water heater tank: You can do this by removing the heater from the drain pipe and checking for a leak. If this is not possible, listen for a hissing sound coming from the water heater.
- Watch the water meter: The water meter has a leak indicator. It is usually a triangular red or silver round disk. If the indicator is spinning, you have a leak. If the indicator is not spinning, you can further test for a slow leak. Just shut off the water in your house (or make sure none is used) and wait ten minutes. If the meter moves, then you have a slow leak.
- Check the toilets: These are some of the worst offenders when it comes to leaks. Take the top off the toilet tank and listen for a hissing sound. If you have a hissing sound, you have a leak. A plumber should be able to easily diagnose and fix the problem causing the leak.
- Look for water stains on the ceiling or floors: These can indicate serious problems. Call our New Ulm plumbers right away if you see leaks on your ceiling or floors, as they can lead to serious, costly damage.
Signs of Sewer Line Trouble
Sewer line issues should be rectified quickly to prevent sewage back-ups, persistent foul odors, and clogged drains in your home or commercial place.
Signs that you have a sewer line problem include:
- Water around the floor drain: This means you need to have your sewer line checked out right away.
- Water backing up out of the drain: This is an emergency situation. It will only get worse, and if not corrected right away you may find yourself bailing sewer water out of your kitchen sink.
- Gurgling sounds from the drain: This is a warning sign that should not be ignored. The gurgling is usually followed by back up.
- A percolating noise from your toilet, especially after you use the washing machine: This indicates a sewer line problem.
What Can You Do to Improve Your Water Heater’s Efficiency?
Extending the life of your water heater can save you big money. While our New Ulm plumbers are available for water heater maintenance, there are also some steps you can take to help your water heater remain efficient.
Here are four things you can do:
- Set your unit between 120 and 125 degrees.
- Keep a pan under the drain line to detect leaks.
- Periodically check for leaks and pinhole rusting on the exterior of the tank.
- Drain the tank once a year to clear sediment. You can do this by attaching a hose to the drain valve. We can also perform this task for you.
Call Our New Ulm Plumbers!
Plumb Level is looking forward to helping you restore comfort and safety in your home. No job is too big or too small for our plumbing team. Whether you are planning to remodel your whole bathroom or replace your water heater, we will complete the job to your satisfaction. We're also available for any emergency plumbing services, in New Ulm.
Do not wait for disaster to strike before taking action! Call us today at (979) 277-9993
to alleviate all your plumbing troubles.